First you need to record your podcast episode.
Then, sign up here: https://help.apple.com/itc/podcasts_connect/#/itc97d9d1513 to create an account.
Next, on your mobile or desktop device, upload your audio files to V-TIP.COM to create an audio playlist.
View our FAQ on how to do that.
Note: stream playlists will not work for this purpose.
Also note: there is no need to upload cover art at this stage. It can be done during the rss feed creation stage.
Once that is done, perform the following functions.
- Go to Share – Music/Audio Playlists
- On the audio PLAYLIST MANAGEMENT page click on the playlist you want to create the feed
- In the MEDIA MANAGEMENT page, you will find the new episode you created.
Creating your feed
- In the upper right corner click on the tab to open options section and go to PREFERENCES
- Click the switch “Create RSS for podcast”
- Fill out all the necessary fields and hit save.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Even if you already uploaded cover art, you need go back to the PLAYLIST VIEW page click the ADD button and then upload the cover art for this podcast. Note: the cover art must meet the required standards for Apple Podcast. If it does not your podcast will fail validation. You feed must also be marked PUBLIC . We will not display the podcast url until you have uploaded cover art that meets the requirements and your playlist is marked public.
- Finally, change the podcast category and sub category as needed and hit SAVE.
Testing and then submitting your show to Apple
- The podcast URL has been generated. You can check your work using apple’s podcast connect website here: https://podba.se/validate/
- Once the url is created, go to https://podcastsconnect.apple.com, login with your apple id and password and begin the process of creating a podcast.
- When asked for the url of your podcast, simply place the one you created at V-TIP.COM.
- Hit validate to check the feed information.
- If you need to change something, go back to V-TIP.COM, make the changes and hit save.
- Click to validate the feed once again and you should see the changes updated.
- Hit submit and it’s now up to Apple to approve your submission.